LDEI St. Louis Chapter Scholarships
The St. Louis Chapter has conducted fundraising projects and awarded scholarships since our inception in 2008. Collectively, LDEI chapters in the U.S. and Canada have awarded more than $4 million in culinary scholarships to deserving students. Many of our scholarship recipients have gone on to illustrious careers in the food, wine, hospitality, and agriculture industries.
LDEI St. Louis Chapter Scholarship Requirements
We are pleased to announce that the Saint Louis Missouri Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International is accepting applications for two $5,000 scholarships. One $5,000 Les Dames d’Escoffier-St. Louis Scholarship and one $5,000 Ces and Judy Scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded based on academic accomplishments, career goals, culinary-related experience, professional and personal references, and financial needs. All applications will be reviewed and measured by standardized and weighted criteria.
- You must be female and be a permanent resident in the St. Louis region (150 mile radius), but may reside elsewhere during school terms You must carry a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- You must be accepted or enrolled in a certificate or degree program and studying a culinary field, dietetics with a culinary component, hospitality, restaurant management or agriculture
- You will attend the LDEI-STL Awards Dinner in September 2023 and volunteer for at least one (1) LDEI-STL fundraising event, as schedule permits.
Applicants will be notified, the date will be determined.
- Completed application must be received by April 7, 2023.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Receipt of application will be acknowledged by e-mail
- Two letters of career recommendation
- Two letters of personal recommendation
- Academic transcripts (most current available)
- A financial aid form completed by the school’s financial aid office
- Conditions of Scholarship Award
- All scholarship money will go directly to the school or institution in which the recipient is enrolled
- Scholarship money will be used for tuition only
- Scholarship funds must be used for the Fall semester 2023.
- Any change in enrollment status during the scholarship year is to be communicated to LDEI-STL Scholarship Committee by the Scholarship recipient
LDEI-STL Scholarship Recipient Scholarship Saint Louis University – Current Position: Registered Dietitian and Faculty Member at Saint Louis University
The LDEI-STL scholarship allowed me to meet a group of talented, professional women holding a variety of culinary-related jobs. I was able to use the scholarship towards my master’s in nutrition and culinary entrepreneurship, and am now in the last year of my Ph.D.”
Two-time LDEI-STL Scholarship recipient 2021 Saint Louis University graduate with a Masters in Medical Nutrition Therapy and completion of Dietetic Internship
“I’m so grateful for the support of LDEI-STL through my academic journey to become a Registered Dietitian. The Dames’ support was not simply financial, but also encouragement, guidance, and inspiration as I pursued my studies, first as an undergrad at Fontbonne and then at SLU. I’m thankful for LDEI-STL’s help in achieving my goals, especially as I aspire to give back and contribute to my community.”